Finding food recipes for toddlers that are both healthy and tasty enough for them to love to eat is just not an easy job! Until I discovered Baby Foode that is. This blog has some fantastic tips to add lots of fun to a child’s diet without compromising the ‘health’ quotient.
6 delicious finger foods for your baby & toddler
This platter is expected to work well for babies 7 months or older.
1. Chopped raspberries cut in half or in quarters depending on how comfortable it is for the baby to eat.
Health benefits: Antioxidants, vitamin C, manganese and fiber to help fight cancer, heart and circulatory disease.
2. Chopped pitted black olives rinsed in water cut in half or quarters.
Health benefits: Vitamin E, iron, copper and calcium apart from antioxidants to help fight inflammation and bacterial infection.
3. Pesto chicken roasted in an oven at 350 degrees F for 30-45 minutes or until well cooked. The chicken can be chopped into strips or chunks for easy eating.
Health benefits: Protein, essential vitamins and minerals.
4. Hard boiled eggs gently chopped into small pieces with a sprinkle of black pepper for better taste.
Health benefits: Good fats (monounsaturated & polyunsaturated), iron and protein to develop eyes and bones.
5. Feta cheese cut into chunks or bigger crumbles.
Health benefits: Calcium to help develop bones.
6. Green beans gently steamed for 7 minutes or until tender with a small dose of coconut oil and a sprinkle of garlic powder.
Health benefits: Good source of vitamins A, C, K, B6 and folic acid to help build strong bones and healthy eyes.
As you can see in the picture, the platter looks great too and children would love the attractive colours and taste!
This is just an example from Baby Foode. We encourage you to check out their other posts for more fun & healthy recipes and other useful foodie tips.